Ethan provides strategic and practical legal solutions in a wide variety of commercial real estate transactions. From structuring to closing, he works closely with clients in identifying, communicating, and resolving legal issues and achieving client goals.
Ethan has experience in transactions involving single-asset and portfolio acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, mortgage lending, and mezzanine financing. He has represented real estate investment trusts (REITs), corporations, commercial and investment banks, and other real estate investors and developers in transactions involving vacant land, office and apartment buildings, senior housing facilities, mixed-use developments, and industrial properties.
Prior to joining BFKN, Ethan was a real estate associate in the Chicago office of Sidley Austin LLP, where he represented clients in a variety of complex real estate and finance transactions. During law school, Ethan interned at Essex Property Trust, a publicly traded real estate investment trust and S&P 500 company.
- State of Illinois
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2019
- University of Dallas, B.A., magna cum laude, 2012
- Executive Articles Editor, Michigan Business & Entrepreneurial Law Review, University of Michigan Law School (2018-2019)
- President, Catholic Law Students Association, University of Michigan Law School (2018-2019)
- Fellow, Chicago Leonine Forum (2020-2021)