Chris has been a practicing real estate attorney for more than 25 years and has a broad range of commercial real estate experience. The depth of her practice gives her the ability to understand her clients’ goals and objectives to find creative and proactive solutions in an efficient and strategic manner.
Chris concentrates her practice area in commercial real estate, real estate financing, commercial and retail leasing, corporate finance, and related matters. Her practice covers a range of complex commercial real estate and secured lending transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, commercial loan transactions, including multi-jurisdictional secured financings, portfolio financings, work-outs and restructurings, and leasing of hotel, office, industrial, retail and mixed-use properties. Chris’s practice includes significant experience with publicly traded real estate investment trusts (REITs).
Chris’s national practice also concentrates on representing retail landlords and tenants in a broad range of commercial properties, including flagship street retail, regional shopping centers, lifestyle centers, power centers, and office.
Prior to joining BFKN, Chris practiced in the real estate group of Davis Polk & Wardwell in New York.
- State of Illinois
- State of New York
- Indiana University School of Law - Indianapolis, J.D. summa cum laude, 1996
- Purdue University, B.S., 1993
- Represented lenders and borrowers in connection with secured lending transactions.
- Represented tenants in negotiation of retail leasing transactions in regional malls, outlet malls, power centers, lifestyle centers, and mixed-use projects throughout the United States.
- Represented borrowers in connection with hotel acquisitions and financings.
- Represented industrial REIT in connection with the acquisition, disposition, financing, and leasing of industrial property.
- Represented real estate funds in connection with securitized loan transactions.
- Representation of a health care REIT in connection with the acquisition of assisted living facilities and medical office buildings.
- Representation of landlords in industrial leasing transaction.
- Representation of lenders of borrowers and lenders in mortgage loan workouts and restructurings.
- Representation of corporate sellers of real property in purchase money, seller financing transactions.
- Representation of borrowers in Shari’ah-compliant loans.