Carrie is a litigator in the Litigation, Insurance, and Motor Vehicle Groups who represents a diverse group of businesses, from manufacturers and distributors to publicly traded and privately held corporations to financial institutions, in state and federal court in business torts, product liability, health care disputes, corporate governance matters, trade secret and unfair competition claims, insurance recovery, and employment litigation. Carrie has an established record of success for numerous clients.
Carrie is a partner in BFKN's Litigation Group. Prior to joining BFKN, Carrie was a litigator at a large international law firm focusing on product liability.
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Wisconsin
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., with distinction, 2014
- Washington University in St. Louis, B.A. in Political Science, 2008
- Represented Tier 1 supplier in litigation over long-term supply agreement with Tier 2 supplier, resulting in favorable settlement, with long-term business priorities being secured.
- Second chair in defending an OEM in an alleged dealer franchise violation for $100+ million that resulted in a dismissal of all claims.
- Represented manufacturer-insured and won multi-million dollar summary judgment in a duty to defend case against an insurer.
- Represented beverage company in defeating contract-related claims for hundreds of millions of dollars in an international arbitration with a week-long evidentiary hearing.
- Represented Audi of America in litigation involving a large, multi-faceted dealership asset and real estate buy-sell transaction, including a preliminary injunction preserving Audi’s right of first refusal. Won summary judgment on the buyer’s tortious interference claims.
- Commercial Litigation, Product Liability Litigation - Defendants, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2022-2024)
- 40 & Under List, Benchmark Litigation (2022-2023)
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association