As a Corporate attorney with an accounting and business background and previous experience as a CPA, Brandon works with clients from the venture capital stage to maturity, with a focus on deep client relationships, understanding the financial and operational needs of their business and offering legal solutions that fit the short and long-term goals of their various stakeholders.
Brandon is an associate in the firm’s Corporate & Securities Group. He represents U.S. and international companies of all sizes in a wide range of complex transactional matters, providing legal and business solutions to help his clients grow and achieve their goals primarily in the manufacturing, hospitality, and retail industries.
Brandon has experience representing clients at all stages of growth, with an emphasis on general corporate counseling, including advising on legal and business issues such as contracting and licensing, corporate governance, business planning, and entity formation. He also has extensive knowledge in domestic and international strategic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and other business combinations.
Brandon is very involved in firm life at BFKN. He is a subcommittee chair for the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee at BFKN, as well as a member of both the Recruiting and Pro Bono Committees. Brandon is also committed to pro bono in his community. He is a member of the Legal Aid Chicago Ambassadors Board and the PILI Young Professionals Board (YPB).
- State of Illinois
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2017
- Marquette University, B.S., magna cum laude, 2012
- Represented Getaway – an outdoor and wellness focused hospitality company – in a deal that secured $22.5 million in Series B financing. The round was led by a controlled affiliate of Starwood Capital Group, with continued support from L Catterton and other existing shareholders.
- Represented Getaway – an outdoor and wellness focused hospitality company – in a deal that secured $41.7 million in Series C financing. The round was led by Certares, with continued support from L Catterton, Starwood Capital Group, and other existing shareholders.
- Represented LVMH Luxury Ventures, an investment arm of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE, in its equity investment in Aimé Leon Dore, a New York-based streetwear brand with a cult following.
- Serves as an outside corporate counsel for several clients, including Neapco Holdings (an automotive parts manufacturer), Starboard Holdings (a cruise line retail service provider), a hospitality company, a multi-brand manufacturing company, and a beverage start-up, among others.
- National Finalist, Williams Moot Court
- National Finalist, Transactional LawMeet