Bob is a constructive problem solver who learns and understands each client’s business and goals. Bob’s clients look to him to develop creative, business-minded solutions to complex legal problems.
Bob is a partner in BFKN’s Corporate & Securities Group. For more than a decade, Bob has concentrated his practice on mergers and acquisitions, strategic business planning, contract negotiation, and general corporate matters. He has counseled clients in a wide range of industries, including insurance, hospitality, luxury and retail, manufacturing, supply chain, real estate and technology, creating innovative solutions to help grow and strengthen their businesses.
Clients seek Bob’s counsel on a variety of business matters throughout their life cycle, with an emphasis on domestic and international (including Asia and Europe) acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, other business combinations, and equity and debt investments. He also advises clients on a variety of legal and business issues, including day-to-day operations, strategic planning, corporate governance, employment issues, general business planning matters, and dispute avoidance and resolution. In addition, he provides guidance on appropriate corporate structures, entity formation, and drafting operating and shareholder agreements
Bob is a member of the BFKN Foundation Committee. He also represents pro bono clients in a variety of corporate matters. Prior to joining BFKN, Bob was an associate at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, where he focused on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and other corporate and securities matters.
- State of Illinois
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2010
- Northwestern University, magna cum laude, 2006
- Served as client’s general counsel, which provided Bob a unique perspective into the needs and pressures facing in-house counsel and the business units they advise. As a result, he understands how important it is to quickly respond to questions with practical and easily understandable answers, and how to work as a business partner to find creative solutions to problems.
- Represent Hub International Limited and its affiliates in acquisitions of insurance agencies through a combination of asset and share acquisitions.
- Represented Ameex Technologies Corporation, a digital experience consultancy with operations in the U.S., as well as operations and subsidiaries in India and Singapore, in a sale of the company to Perficient, Inc.
- Represented Magnetrol and its domestic and international affiliates (including European and Chinese subsidiaries), collectively a manufacturer of mission-critical level and flow control products, in a sale of the businesses to AMETEK, Inc.
- Represented WellSky (formerly Mediware Information Systems) in connection with multiple acquisitions of medical software companies.
- Represented SDI Presence LLC, an IT consultancy and managed services provider, in connection with structuring and closing a minority investment from Abry Partners.
- Represented a staffing company in the sale of its pharmaceutical staffing subsidiary to a private equity buyer.
- Represented a company specializing in the maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) of business jets in its sale to a private equity buyer.