Andrew understands his clients and their businesses and works closely with them to help achieve their strategic and operational goals. Andrew’s clients look to him for his thoughtful, solutions-oriented approach to transaction counseling and practical guidance for their most sensitive business matters.
For more than 20 years, Andrew has served as trusted advisor to numerous large, middle market, and emerging companies, private equity sponsors (both U.S. and foreign) and high-net worth families. He provides counsel on a variety of business matters throughout the life cycle of a client’s business, with an emphasis on strategic transactions, including M&A and joint ventures. Andrew has extensive experience in capital raising and financing transactions, representing sponsors and operating companies in private equity transactions and growth investments.
As a result of the deep relationships Andrew fosters with his clients, many view him as their outside general counsel. In this role, Andrew helps guide his clients through various aspects of their businesses, including key commercial arrangements, employment matters, intellectual property issues, and general business planning matters.
Andrew’s clients span a wide range of industries, including hospitality, real estate, luxury, consumer products and services, private equity, venture capital, financial services, and technology. In addition, Andrew has significant experience representing foreign companies, in both Europe and Asia, in their U.S. and international business activities.
Andrew is a former adjunct professor of business planning at Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law. Andrew currently serves on the Management Committee and is chair of the Business Development Committee.
- State of Illinois
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2000
- University of Illinois, B.S., highest honors, 1997
- Represents L Catterton – the largest global consumer-focused private equity firm – in growth equity and early-stage investments, including over 20 distinct investments to date.
- Represents Pendulum - a strategic investment and advisory platform focused on founders and leaders of color - in growth equity and early-stage investments, including over 15 distinct investments to date.
- Represents the investment arm of a Fortune 50 company in numerous early-stage investments.
- Represents Aglaé Ventures – a technology focused investment firm backed by Agache (formerly Groupe Arnault) – in connection with early stage and growth equity tech investments, including over 30 distinct investments to date.
- Represented Getaway House, Inc. – an outdoor and wellness focused hospitality company – in connection with its Series B, Series C, and Series D financing rounds.
- Represented LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton in its $650 million sale of Donna Karan International to G-III Apparel Group, Ltd., a publicly-traded company.
- Represented LVMH in its acquisition of the Hotel Saint-Barth Isle de France, a 5-star hotel now known as the Cheval Blanc St-Barth.
- Represents Gerflor – a global flooring manufacturer based in France – in its U.S. acquisitions.
- Represents L Catterton and its portfolio companies in connection with various middle market buyout transactions and add-on acquisitions.
- Represented Le Labo – a high-end fragrance company – and its founders in connection with the sale of Le Labo to The Estée Lauder Companies.
- Represented House of Discs – a leader in the disc golf industry backed by Vendis Capital and Equip Capital – in its acquisition of Dynamic Discs.
- Represented LVMH in its sale of Bliss to Starwood Hotels & Resorts.
- Represented Hitachi in its acquisition of Mechanical Dynamics & Analysis, a provider of products and services for the power generator industry.
- Represented LVMH and Agache (formerly Groupe Arnault) in connection with the combination of their fund sponsor platforms with Catterton to create L Catterton, the largest global consumer-focused private equity firm.
- Represents L Catterton Real Estate in connection with joint ventures for luxury retail-driven, mixed-use North American real estate developments, including Miami Design District (Miami), South Bay Social District (Los Angeles), Royalmount (Montreal), and The Amazing Brentwood (Vancouver).
- Represents AJ Capital Partners in connection with various real estate and hospitality joint ventures.
- Represents Singerman Real Estate and its related funds in various property acquisition related joint ventures.
- Represented Assembled Brands – a company that finances emerging consumer goods brands – in connection with its strategic relationship with Oaktree Capital Management, L.P.
- Represented Hitachi in the formation of a multi-billion dollar global alliance with General Electric Company of their nuclear power plant businesses.
- Serves as principal outside counsel to Pendulum – a strategic investment and advisory platform focused on founders and leaders of color.
- Serves as outside general counsel to Getaway House, Inc. – an outdoor and wellness focused hospitality company – in connection with its ongoing debt and equity capital raising efforts, joint ventures, intellectual property matters and other commercial partnerships.