With experience representing both debtors and creditors of all sizes, Alex helps clients successfully navigate restructuring, bankruptcy, and insolvency matters both in and outside of court. Alex is smart, personable, detail-oriented, and passionate about helping clients.
Alex is an associate in BFKN’s Bankruptcy & Creditors Rights Group. He has experience in many key aspects of business reorganizations, workouts, and bankruptcies. Alex represents secured and unsecured lenders, vendors, landlords, other creditors, and debtors in litigation and transactional matters in bankruptcy cases. For these myriad representations, Alex has negotiated and drafted Chapter 11 plans of reorganization and liquidation, restructuring support agreements, plan support agreements, bid procedures, sale orders, debtor-in-possession financing documents, and settlement agreements.
Alex’s court experience includes arguing contested motions on issues ranging from professional retention to plan confirmation. His representation of commercial landlords includes asserting claims and recovering possession of leased premises in tenant bankruptcies and assignments for the benefit of creditors.
Outside of the courtroom, Alex’s restructuring experience includes representing secured lenders, borrowers, and third-party purchasers in restructuring transactions, including distressed asset sales under UCC Article 9 and debt refinancings.
Prior to joining BFKN, Alex was an associate in the Restructuring Group at Mayer Brown LLP.
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2018
- University of Illinois, B.A., History, magna cum laude, 2014
- Super Lawyers
- Illinois Rising Star (2021-2023)
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Section Bankruptcy Committee
- Member, Bankruptcy Court Liaison Committee for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Co-Chair, Chapter 11 Subcommittee and Social Media Subcommittee