As an associate in the Firm’s Intellectual Property Group, Nicole’s practice focuses on Intellectual Property counseling and enforcement, including international and domestic trademark and design patent portfolio management, enforcement of trademark rights before the TTAB, and prosecuting domestic trademark and design patent applications.
Prior to joining Barack Ferrazzano, Nicole was an associate with Foley & Lardner LLP, and a member of the firm's Trademark, Copyright & Advertising Practice and the Mechanical & Electromechanical Technology Practice, where she focused on design rights.
Nicole graduated from the University of Chicago Law School, where she was a part of the University’s Institute for Justice Clinic on Entrepreneurship. During her time at the clinic, she counseled small businesses on a wide range of legal issues and advocated for legislative initiatives to benefit small businesses and startups.
Nicole has a background in product and industrial design with a specialty in ergonomics. She offers ideation and prototyping knowledge in housewares, agricultural machinery, furniture design, pharmaceuticals, packaging, and sporting goods.
Activities & Honors
- Member, Chicago Women in Intellectual Property
- Member, The International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Member, Industrial Design Society of America
Speaking Engagements & Presentations
- Art and Cultural Property Law Society at Chicago-Kent College of Law: “Art Law Panel”March 5, 2021 – Panelist
- January 19, 2022 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- August 30, 2021 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release