- Review our In-Depth: COVID-19 – New Employer Obligations & Considerations.
- Be prepared for local orders to quarantine.
- Plan for new paid sick leave requirements.
- Revise FMLA policies for new child care family leave related to COVID-19.
- Consider flexible sick pay policies.
Employers are scrambling to understand what they are required to, or want to, do when employees are either forcibly quarantined or wish to self-quarantine. This COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic has presented unique issues on a large scale not seen in generations. Employers need to be prepared for the leave and pay issues they will encounter as more employees are asked or required to not be in the workplace, or who themselves want to self-quarantine.
COVID-19 Employer Obligations & Considerations
Click here to review each consideration in more detail: in-depth-covid-19-new-employer-obligations
- Local Orders to Quarantine
- New Paid Sick Leave Requirements
- New FMLA Leaves
- Partial Offset Of Cost Through Tax Credit
- Consider Flexible Sick Pay Policies
We Can Help You
We have been on the forefront of dealing with COVID-19 for our clients. Please contact us if you would like to discuss any of these issues or if we can otherwise be of assistance.
We strongly recommend you evaluate the following pandemic-related business and legal considerations that we have been discussing with our clients in the following Client Alerts:
- Top 10 Considerations For Pandemic Responsiveness
- COVID-19 Insurance Coverage Considerations
- 10 Steps For Following Regulators’ COVID-19 Guidance
- Webinar: Is Your Bank's Pandemic Contingency Plan Ready For Implementation?
- Financial Institutions Urged To Work With Borrowers Impacted By COVID-19