Chambers USA Recognizes Barack Ferrazzano as Top Illinois Law Firm For 8 Consecutive Years
For the past eight years, our Real Estate Group at Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg has been recognized as an industry leader for real estate law in Illinois by Chambers USA, The Client's Guide of America's Leading Lawyers for Business. In the 2015 edition of Chambers USA our Firm received a Band 1 ranking again, upholding our reputation as a premier real estate law firm in Illinois, with Chambers USA identifying the Real Estate Group as "a market-leading practice."
For the first time, our Bankruptcy & Creditor Rights Group was recognized by Chambers USA, earning a Band 5 ranking in Illinois for 2015. "They are incisive and intelligent without being impractical," expressed clients, calling the Bankruptcy & Creditor Rights Group as their "go-to law firm, due to the excellent work and value."
Another first for us, the Corporate & Securities Group has been named a Recognized Practitioner for Corporate/M&A & Private Equity in Illinois by Chambers USA for 2015.
The following attorneys also have been individually recognized by Chambers USA:
Bankruptcy / Restructuring - Illinois
- William J. Barrett — Chair of the Bankruptcy & Creditor Rights Group, Bill is regarded as an "exceptional" attorney who is "smart, organized, well-prepared, resolute, and practical."
Real Estate - Illinois
- Mark J. Beaubien — Clients describe Mark as "an intelligent lawyer with a client service focus and high business acumen," known for his transactional practice and work with private equity funds, REITs and other key players in the market.
- Suzanne Bessette-Smith — Co-Chair of the Real Estate Group, Suzanne is noted for her corporate real estate practice involving publicly traded REITs. Chambers USA distinguishes Suzanne as "held in high regard by commentators" for her substantial experience in real estate lending.
- Dennis A. Ferrazzano — Dennis, a name partner of the Firm, is recognized as "an experienced practitioner across the full range of real estate transactions." He was named a Senior Statesman by Chambers USA, a distinction given to attorneys who have continually produced exceptional work over many years and whose presence is pivotal to the Firm's success.
- Howard J. Kirschbaum — Name and managing partner, Howard is praised for his knowledge and dedication to client service. Sources expressed admiration for Howard saying, "You can call him up and he has the answer — he doesn't have to go and research."
- Howard A. Nagelberg — Howard, a name partner of the Firm, is acknowledged as a "deeply experienced" attorney recognized for his involvement across diverse real estate dealings representing both public and private organizations, including developers, investors and lenders.
Chambers USA, a Chambers & Partners publication, bases its rankings on the research into the strengths and reputations of law firms and individuals. Each year, a team of researchers conducts thousands of in-depth, confidential interviews with lawyers and their clients worldwide. Chambers assesses the results and ranks law firms and lawyers according to the criteria most valued by clients. In a survey independent of Chambers, more than 50 percent of 20,000 in-house counsel around the world chose Chambers as the "go-to" source to identify law firms and lawyers. http://www.chambersandpartners.com