Hands of Hope's 12th annual Barrington Country Garden & Antique Faire
June 15-16, 2012, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Spend a day of inspiration, shopping, and leisure while viewing the gracious grounds and gardens of three outstanding Barrington Area Estates and:
• The French Market - A fine antique and garden boutique featuring 18 area merchants
• Avant Garden - Our ever-popular upscale flea market
• Garden Party Vignettes - Outdoor party settings created by leading area designers
• Fine Food - Pastries prepared by Ambrosia Euro American Patisserie, Barrington; Lunch provided by Egg Harbor Cafe, Barrington
• Garden and Horticultural Presentations -
"The Mechanics of Organics" | Friday & Saturday, 11:00 a.m.
More and more people are interested in the health benefits of eating organic. Michell D'Arcy of Horticultural Associates will share her expertise in growing great-tasting, healthy, organic fruits and vegetables.
"Thinking Inside the Perennial Pot" | Friday and Saturday, 1:00 p.m.
Your favorite perennial container combinations can last from year to year. Joanne York, Fr. LA Associate of New Garden Landscape Co., will demonstrate how to design sun and shade-loving perennial container gardens for your patio/garden areas.
Tickets are $40 through June 10th; $50 June 11th or after; early buy (Friday only) $75. Free parking and shuttle. Faire proceeds will benefit poverty-striken women and children insub-Saharan Africa.