2013 Employee Benefits Conference (Chicago, IL)
Barack Ferrazzano Partner, Andrew K. Strimaitis, and Associate, Matthew R. Jones, will be speaking at the 2013 Employee Benefits Conference on Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at The Standard Club in Chicago. The conference will provide beneficial information for accountants, financial officers, treasurers, auditors, consultants, lawyers or CPAs who work with or have an interest in employee benefits.
Andrew and Matthew's fifty minute presentation, "Prohibited Transactions: A Practical Overview for Employee Benefits Professionals" will cover:
- The general rules related to prohibiting transactions under the Internal Revenue Code and ERISA, including examples of commonly occurring prohibited transactions, their consequences and correction.
- Examine the prohibited transaction implications of the recent DOL fee disclosure regulations.
- Review ERISA's fidelity bond requirements.
Other highlights of the 2013 Employee Benefits Conference include:
- Department of Labor Update
- Accounting & Auditing Update
- Using ERISA Accounts to Help Manage Fee-Related Fiduciary Responsibilities
- Trends in Retirement Benefit Plans
- Top 10 Errors in Qualified Retirement Plans
- Challenges Auditors Face in Performing Plan Audits
Click here to view the full agenda for the day and to register for the event.