As an associate in the Firm's Real Estate Group, Kelsey strives to provide value to clients through accurate and efficient legal representation. Kelsey approaches transactions as a problem-solver — working to close the deal while protecting clients from unreasonable or unnecessary risk.
Kelsey focuses her practice on a broad range of commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, leasing (tenant and landlord), mortgage and mezzanine financing (borrower and lender), equity investments, and property developments. Kelsey has experience representing clients in transactions involving a variety of property types, including hospitality, multi-family residential, mixed use, retail, industrial, office, and healthcare.
While attending law school, she served as an extern at the Federal Trade Commission Midwest Regional Office. Prior to joining Barack Ferrazzano, Kelsey was an associate in the Chicago office of a large law firm, where she assisted clients with the preparation and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, closing documents for acquisitions and dispositions, and property management agreements, reviewed title and survey documents, and navigated land use issues and documentation.
Activities & Honors
- Selected, Real Estate Law, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2022)
- Member, Next Generation Chicago Planning Committee, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Member, Board of Directors, Mental Health Association of Greater Chicago
- August 19, 2021 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- January 21, 2021
- October 9, 2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- August 2, 2017
- April 5, 2017