As an associate in the firm’s Litigation group, John concentrates his practice on a wide range of complex litigation matters. He has extensive knowledge in executing strategy for litigation matters in State, Federal, and Bankruptcy Courts. John has experience in various stages of litigation and strategic decision-making, including drafting and responding to written discovery, appearing in court on behalf of clients, and drafting motions, pleadings, objections, retention applications, and fee applications.
Prior to joining BFKN, John clerked for Judge Deborah Thorne of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois. John then worked as an associate in the Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Practice Group at a Chicago law firm. While there, he counseled clients on and litigated complex bankruptcy, contract, corporate, and other commercial matters.
Activities & Honors
- Law Clerk, Honorable Deborah Thorne, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2019-2021)
- Legal Extern, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2018)
- Legal Intern, Farm Credit Illinois (2018)
- Legal Extern, Cook County Circuit Court, Law Division (2017)
- Coach, University of Illinois College of Law’s Duberstein Moot Court Team (2019-Present)
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute & Turnaround Management Association
- October 17, 2022 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release