Representation of Louis Vuitton, a subsidiary of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, in connection with its growth investments in leading consumer brands, M&A, and other matters, including:
Collaboration with Leandra Medine Cohen
Served as legal advisor for Louis Vuitton in finalizing the negotiation of a complementary collaboration with Leandra Medine Cohen – author, blogger, influencer, and founder of independent fashion and lifestyle site, Man Repeller – as the face of the Spring-Summer 2020 women’s shoe collection by Nicolas Ghesquière.
- Barack Ferrazzano PR (February 2020): https://www.bfkn.com/newsroom-news-519
- News of Fashion (February 2020): https://newsoffashion.com/a-mile-in-leandra-medine-cohens-shoes-louis-vuitton
- Prestige Online: https://www.prestigeonline.com/th/style/fashion/louis-vuitton-ss2020-shoe/
Bid to Keep "Pooey" Case Out of the U.S.
Served as legal advisor for Louis Vuitton, preventing the brand from being forced to litigate trademark issues with the manufacturer of a novelty toy purse called “Pooey Puitton” in the United States. U.S. District Judge John F. Walter granted Louis Vuitton’s motion to dismiss the declaratory action, agreeing with Louis Vuitton that trademark issues raised under foreign laws do not create a dispute under U.S. trademark laws.
- Barack Ferrazzano PR (May 2019): https://www.bfkn.com/newsroom-news-448
- Law360 (May 2019): https://www.law360.com/california/articles/1159840/louis-vuitton-wins-bid-to-end-us-fight-over-pooey-parody
- The Fashion Law (May 2019): http://www.thefashionlaw.com/home/louis-vuitton-gets-last-laugh-in-us-pooey-puitton-case
Louis Vuitton Malletier S.A. v. Dooney & Bourke, Inc.
Served as legal advisor for Louis Vuitton in a successful appeal to U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit; we obtained a reversal of the District Court’s denial of Louis Vuitton’s motion for preliminary injunction in a trademark infringement action.
Hertzberg Ernst & Sons v. Louis Vuitton Malletier S.A.
Served as legal advisor for Louis Vuitton in a trademark infringement action; we obtained a consent injunction and the plaintiff’s agreement to pay the legal fees our client incurred in the action.
Louis Vuitton Malletier S.A. v. Hyundai Motor Co.
Served as legal advisor for Louis Vuitton in a trademark infringement and dilution action; we obtained summary judgment in Louis Vuitton’s favor on its federal dilution claim.