Ashley’s practice focuses on a wide range of commercial real estate transactions, including entity and asset level acquisitions and dispositions, leases, financing, joint ventures, asset management, development projects, and construction. She regularly represents clients in diverse and sophisticated real estate matters, with a specific focus on REIT-related transactions. Her clients include institutional investors, buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants, operators and borrowers that own, lease, manage, and finance senior housing, office properties, industrial properties, shopping centers, student housing and mixed-use properties.
Before joining Barack Ferrazzano, Ashley was a real estate associate at Kirkland & Ellis LLP, where she represented clients in all facets of real estate transactions and advised corporate clients on real estate aspects of complex business transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, and recapitalizations.
Prior to law school, Ashley spent three years working as a research analyst for a leading commercial real estate data and analytics provider. Outside of the office, Ashley is an avid traveler, enjoys skiing and hiking, and loves spending time with her husband, son, and their three dogs.
Served as primary counsel to Invesque Inc. (TSX: IVQ.U) ("Invesque"), a healthcare real estate company serving the U.S. and Canada, in its acquisition of a number of senior living properties and Commonwealth Senior Living, LLC ("Commonwealth"), a transaction that will position Invesque as a leading healthcare platform and open the door for future growth.
Activities & Honors
- Mentor, Chicago LegalTrek (2019-Present)
- Foster, South Suburban Humane Society (2018-Present)
- Selected, Real Estate Law, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2021)
- Senior Editor, Journal of International Law and Business, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
- President, Real Property, Trusts & Estates Law Society, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
- Tutor, Working in the Schools (2011-2013)
Articles & Publications
- "Micro-Management": Constitutional and Policy Concerns Arising from India's Microfinance Institutions (Development and Regulation) BillSpring 2013 – Northwestern Journal of International Law & Business, Vol. 33 Issue 3
- August 20, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- August 4, 2020 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- August 1, 2019 – Barack Ferrazzano Press Release
- March 17, 2015