- New York University School of Law, J.D., May 2007
- University of Virginia, B.S., 2001
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals - 7th Circuit
Sharon E. Calhoun
Sharon Calhoun is a partner in the Firm’s Litigation and Intellectual Property Groups.
Sharon’s litigation practice focuses primarily on complex commercial litigation for a variety of domestic and international clients in disputes involving general contract matters, class action defense, banking and enforcement issues, employment disputes, and consumer fraud, among others.
Sharon combines her skill and experience as a trial attorney with her knowledge of intellectual property law to actively assist clients in identifying, protecting, valuing, and preserving their intellectual property assets in the United States. In addition to her experience with intellectual property litigation, Sharon also has experience in handling the intellectual property aspects of corporate transactions.
Sharon also has an active pro bono practice and has served as a guardian ad litem for children involved in domestic disputes related to guardianship and parental rights. Sharon also successfully represented a minor in Cook County criminal court.
Sharon is the chair of the Firm’s Diversity Committee as well as an active member of the Pro Bono Committee. In 2012, she returned from a 6-month leave of absence from her practice at Barack Ferrazzano after performing pro bono legal work in South Africa. Sharon was profiled in the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin regarding her international pro bono work, and she was a guest blogger about her South African pro bono experience for the American Bar Association's Center for Pro Bono.
- Automobili Lamborghini America
- First Industrial Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: FR)
- LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, S.A.
- Volkswagen Group of America
Professional Activities and Honors
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Black Women’s Lawyer Association
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Selected, Illinois Rising Stars, Super Lawyers (2010-2017)
- Selected, Emerging Lawyers Network (2015-2016)
- Client Alert: Quick Legal Checkup for Your Trademarks
- Client Alert: President Obama Signs Defend Trade Secrets Act
- Client Alert: USPTO Proposes Major Rule Changes to TTAB
- Barack Ferrazzano Attorneys Named 2017 Illinois Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Louis Vuitton Victorious in Sneaker Trademark Lawsuit
- 2016 Marks Continued Growth For Litigation Group
- Barack Ferrazzano Attorneys Named 2016 Illinois Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Barack Ferrazzano Welcomes Katherine Neville to Litigation & Motor Vehicle Groups
- Strategic Growth Continues for Litigation Group
- Litigation Group Continues Strategic Expansion
- Fendi Prevails in Domain Name Dispute Panel Decision
- Barack Ferrazzano Attorneys Named Illinois Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Barack Ferrazzano Congratulates Sharon Calhoun, Matthew Jackson & Brandon Prosansky
- Barack Ferrazzano Featured in Lawyer Monthly for Estée Lauder Acquisition of Le Labo
- Le Labo Joins Estée Lauder's Portfolio of Prestige Beauty Brands
- Eighteen BFKN attorneys named 2012 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Lawyer finds unique way 'to make a difference'
- Seventeen BFKN attorneys named 2011 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Fifteen BFKN attorneys named 2010 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars