Andrea is part of the Firm’s Financial Institutions Group and concentrates her practice on bank regulatory, securities and corporate matters. She has experience working on a variety of regulatory and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt offerings, trust preferred securities transactions, regulatory applications and enforcement matters. Andrea has also advised clients on a variety of new government programs and initiatives, including the FDIC's Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program and new deposit insurance assessment scheme and the programs established by the U.S. Treasury and Federal Reserve pursuant to the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008. Andrea has assisted several clients in the application, approval and closing of securities issued to the U.S. Treasury under the Capital Purchase Program.
Prior to joining the Firm, Andrea served as legal counsel to the Illinois Office of Banks and Real Estate. Andrea’s experience there included drafting interpretive letters, legislative proposals, regulations and examination guidelines. She also prosecuted numerous enforcement actions and provided legal analysis of corporate applications, including de novo bank applications, mergers and other structural applications.
Andrea published a chapter on Illinois operational laws and regulations affecting financial institutions, and has chaired the Chicago Bar Association’s Financial Institutions Committee.
- Client Alert: Importance of Understanding Anti-Fraud Initiatives & Cultivating Law Enforcement Relationships06/13/2017
- 05/2/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 04/25/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 04/20/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 03/2/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 01/4/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- Client Alert: Federal Banking Regulators Expand Banks Eligible for Extended 18-Month Examination Cycle12/20/2016 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 12/15/2016 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- Client Alert: Important General Takeaways from the Recent Congressional Hearings on Bank Incentive Practices11/3/2016
- 02/11/2016 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 03/18/2015 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- Co-Author of Chapter, “Illinois Operational Laws and Regulations” in IICLE’s Advising Illinois Financial Institutions (2006)
Memberships & Honors
- Chair, Chicago Bar Association, Financial Institutions Committee (2003-2004)
Chicago Kent College of Law, LL.M. in Financial Services Law, with high honors, 2003
The American University, J.D., cum laude, 1996
Bucknell University, B.A., 1993
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- State of Illinois
- State of Maryland