- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 1983
- University of Chicago Booth School of Business, M.B.A., 1983
- Duke University, B.S., magna cum laude, 1979
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Illinois
Sandy chairs the Firm's Corporate & Securities Group, and concentrates his practice on general corporate, securities and international law matters. Sandy’s general business practice has given him broad-based experience in a number of areas including domestic and international general corporate and new venture counseling, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, public offerings and private placements, joint ventures and contract negotiations. He has extensive experience working with domestic and foreign high technology businesses, as well as negotiating, structuring and documenting unique and complex mergers, acquisitions, financings, distribution arrangements, recapitalizations and resolutions of business disputes. He also has represented clients in a number of matters before the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Trade Commission. He regularly works with a diverse group of businesses including domestic, Pacific Rim and European entities involved in advanced technologies, industrial and consumer products, nuclear and conventional power infrastructure, manufacturing and financial services.
Sandy spent September 1990 through September 1991 in Tokyo, Japan, where he worked with Mori Hamada & Matsumoto (formerly Mori Sogo Law Offices) representing Japanese, European and American clients on a wide variety of international matters.
In addition to his general corporate work, Sandy works with a number of not-for-profit entities on a pro bono basis. Sandy has also co-authored several publications for the Practicing Law Institute on various aspects of federal securities laws.
- Ellison Technologies, Inc.
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, S.A.
- Mediware Information Systems, Inc.
- Sonova Holding AG
- The Horton Group, Inc.
- Wanxiang America Corporation
- Ellison Technologies Acquisition of J&H Machine Tools
Represented Ellison Technologies in its acquisition of J&H Machine Tools.
- Hitachi Global Nuclear Power Plant Alliance
Represented Hitachi in the formation of a multi-billion dollar global alliance with General Electric Company of their nuclear power plant businesses.
- Neapco Acquisition of Automotive Components Holdings
Representation of Neapco in its acquisition of a division of Automotive Components Holdings, an affiliate of Ford Motor Company, and its entry into a long term supply agreement with Ford.
Professional Activities and Honors
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Inter-Pacific Bar Association
- Selected, Leading Lawyers Network (2006-2016)
- AV® Preeminent™ Rated 5.0 out of 5
Charitable and Community Involvement
- Member, Board of Directors, Chicago Tech Academy
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Sandy has spoken at numerous seminars and conferences on various corporate and other mergers and acquisitions related issues