- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 1987
- Emory University, B.A., 1984
Joshua S. Kanter
Josh concentrates his practice on general corporate and securities matters and is a member of the firm’s corporate and securities group.
Josh’s corporate practice has spanned a broad array of matters including entity formation, governance, employment and shareholder agreements, commercial contracts, financing matters, financial and legal reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, real estate transactions and dispute resolution.
Josh’s securities practice has included numerous private placements, initial public offerings and various SEC and NASD/NASDAQ compliance matters.
As a result of Josh’s representation of various venture capital funds, his experience has covered many issues facing start-up and growth companies resulting in his role as actual or de facto general counsel to a number of venture capital-backed companies, providing legal and general business advice. Josh has also served on the boards of directors of numerous privately-and publicly-held companies.
Professional Activities and Honors
- University of Chicago Law School Annual Fund Chair, 2003/2004
- University of Chicago Law School Visiting Committee, 2002/2004
Charitable and Community Involvement
- International Sculpture Center, Director and Executive Committee Member
- Salt Lake Art Center, Trustee
- Kanter Family Foundation, Director and Vice President