- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., 2002
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., summa cum laude, 1997
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Illinois
Jeremy R. Heckman
Jeremy concentrates his practice on securities and general corporate law, with a focus on securities transactions (public and private), corporate governance, securities law compliance and disclosure matters (including reporting under the Securities Exchange Act), joint ventures, venture capital investments, acquisitions and dispositions and general corporate matters. He represents clients in various industries, including biotechnology, real estate and REITs, energy and manufacturing.
- First Industrial Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: FR)
- Medgenics, Inc. (NYSE MKT: MDGN)
- Pacific Office Properties Trust
- Wanxiang America Corporation
- Medgenics, Inc. Initial Public Offering
Served as counsel to Medgenics, Inc., an Israeli clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, in its U.S. initial public offering of common stock on the NYSE Amex.
- Medgenics, Inc. Equity Offerings
Served as counsel to Medgenics, Inc. in a registered public follow-on offering of common stock and warrants, a private placement of common stock and warrants under Regulation D of the Securities Act of 1933, and the filing of a resale registration statement covering the resale of shares of common stock pursuant to various registration rights agreements.
- First Industrial Realty Trust Stock Offerings
Served as counsel to this NYSE-listed industrial REIT with respect to a firm commitment underwritten offering of 12.5 million shares of common stock ($65.6 million).
- Pacific Office Properties Public Offering
Represented this Honolulu-based office REIT in a continuous public offering of senior common stock which represented a novel capital raising opportunity by providing a publicly traded REIT with access to the market for non-listed REIT shares.
- Early Stage Fundings
Represented entrepreneurs, angel investors and venture capitalists in early stage capitalization opportunities.
Professional Activities and Honors
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Associate Editor, Northwestern University Law Review