Tom concentrates his practice on various aspects of intellectual property. He works primarily in the areas of trademarks, copyrights and design patents, helping clients secure and expand protection for intangible assets. Tom has extensive experience in the clearance of trademarks, procurement of registrations, and portfolio maintenance and auditing in a variety of industries representing the firm’s diverse clientele. Tom assists clients on numerous IP issues including proper usage, strategies for enforcement, and compliance with truthful advertising standards. He also is involved in IP aspects of corporate transactions.
In addition, Tom's practice includes licensing, trade dress protection, false advertising and other unfair competition, and right of publicity issues. Tom also is a member of the firm's litigation group, concentrating on complex commercial disputes.
Tom speaks fluent Polish.
Professional Activities & Honors
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
Articles & Publications
- 9/26/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 3/2/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 1/4/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 4/11/2016 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 3/18/2015 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
Northwestern University School of Law, cum laude, June 2004
Loyola University, B.S., cum laude, May 2001
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Illinois
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Automobili Lamborghini America
- LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton
- Mediware Information Systems
- Moët Hennessy USA