Rob is part of the Financial Institutions Group and is the Leader of the group's securities law practice area. Rob concentrates his practice on financial institutions, securities, and general corporate matters. He regularly represents financial institutions on public and private securities offerings, recapitalizations, mergers and acquisitions and contract negotiations. He has recently been assisting clients with the various government programs aimed at assisting financial institutions through the current economic environment. Additionally, Rob works closely with clients on their continued compliance with federal and state securities laws, including reporting under the Securities Exchange Act and with corporate governance.
Rob is an adjunct professor in banking law at the Northwestern University School of Law. He was an adjunct professor of securities law in the graduate program in financial services law at the Chicago Kent College of Law for five years. Rob is also a frequent speaker in the financial institutions and securities law areas to trade associations and professionals.
S&P Global Market Intelligence rankings has listed our Firm as one of the top firms in the nation in number of announced bank and thrift merger and acquisition transactions during the past 10 years. For the last decade, our Firm ranked #1 in the Midwest. In total, we have represented buyers and sellers of financial institutions in more than 200 mergers and acquisitions.
Represented many financial institutions with respect to public offerings and private placements of common stock, subordinated debentures and convertible subordinated debentures.
Represent multiple publicly-traded bank holding companies.
Represented a number of financial institutions with respect to their application and receipt of funds under Treasury's Capital Purchase Program.
- First Community Financial Partners, Inc. and First Mazon Bancorp, Inc. Announce Signing of Definitive Agreement3/2016
- 05/23/2011 – blog.bankdirector.com
- June 21-23, 2017
- June 6-7, 2013
- June 20, 2012
- June 7-8, 2012
- 2012 American Bankers Association, "The New Deregistration Thresholds under the JOBS Act: What Community Bankers Should Know."
- 2012 Outlook for Bank M&A (Webinar)
- 2011 "Current Legal and Strategic Issues," Illinois Bankers Association
- June 17-18, 2010
- Client Alert: Importance of Understanding Anti-Fraud Initiatives & Cultivating Law Enforcement Relationships06/13/2017
- 05/2/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 04/25/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 04/20/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 03/2/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 01/4/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- Client Alert: Federal Banking Regulators Expand Banks Eligible for Extended 18-Month Examination Cycle12/20/2016 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 12/15/2016 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- Client Alert: Important General Takeaways from the Recent Congressional Hearings on Bank Incentive Practices11/3/2016
- 02/11/2016 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 09/3/2015 – Bankdirector.com
- 03/18/2015 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 07/10/2012 – Bankdirector.com
- 6/2012 – , Illinois Banker
Memberships & Honors
- Adjunct Professor, Banking Law, Northwestern University School of Law
- Member, American Bar Association, Corporate Law and Banking Law Committees
- Adjunct Professor, Securities Law, Graduate Program in Financial Services Law, Chicago Kent College of Law (2002 - 2007)