- University of Chicago, J.D., with honors, 1997
- Houghton College, B.A., summa cum laude, 1994
Daniel L. Dominguez
As Chair of the Fashion, Luxury & Retail Group and a partner in the Corporate & Securities Group, Dan assists clients with mergers and acquisitions, strategic business planning, corporate counseling and securities matters, with an emphasis on:
- Domestic and international mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, other business combinations and equity investments
- Counseling Firm clients on a variety of legal and business issues, including day-to-day operations, strategic planning, recapitalizations, contract and licensing issues and compliance
- Entity formation matters for emerging businesses, including advising on appropriate corporate structures and drafting operating agreements, shareholder control and buy-sell arrangements
Dan, who counts a number of European-based companies and their U.S. subsidiaries among his clients, provides daily counsel to companies over a wide range of industries, but he focuses much of his time in the fashion, retail and luxury goods industries. Dan also regularly negotiates endorsement and licensing deals with prominent celebrities for luxury brands.
Dan serves on a number of Firm committees, including the Strategic Planning, Diversity, Recruiting and Pro Bono committees.
- Christian Dior
- Donna Karan International
- Louis Vuitton
- Marc Jacobs
- Moët Hennessy USA, Inc.
- Neapco Holdings, LLC
- Sephora USA
- VTG North America
- Principal U.S. Counsel LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton
The Firm has a longstanding relationship with LVMH, an iconic luxury goods and services conglomerate with 60+ brands, serving as outside counsel for its corporate and real estate transactions, as well as intellectual property and litigation matters around the world, and providing strategic legal counsel in connection with acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, brand management, employment agreements, and endorsement agreements.
- LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton Acquisition of Ole Henriksen
Representation of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton in connection with its acquisition of botanical skincare company Ole Henriksen
- Acquisition of Cosmetics Brands
Representation of various luxury companies in their acquisitions of emerging cosmetics brands, including Bliss, Fresh, Benefit, Ole Henriksen of Denmark, Urban Decay and Hard Candy.
- Marc Jacobs Restructuring
Representation of LVMH in restructuring of Marc Jacobs companies to strategically align the interests of its founders and investors.
- LVMH Acquisition of Donna Karan International
Representation of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton in its acquisition by merger of Donna Karan International Inc., a publicly held retail company, and a related private company that owns the Donna Karan trademarks, for a total cash purchase price in excess of $700 million.
- Moët Hennessy Sale of Chopin Vodka
Representation of Moët Hennessy in its sale of the worldwide distribution rights of Chopin Vodka to Diamond Capital Ltd.
- Endorsement and Licensing Agreements
Representation of various luxury goods companies in their negotiations of endorsement deals with celebrities, including Alicia Vikander, Jennifer Lawrence, Natalie Portman, Charlize Theron, Mila Kunis, Michelle Williams and Sharon Stone.
- Piazza Sempione Joint Venture
Representation of Piazza Sempione, an upscale fashion line headquartered in Milan, Italy, with respect to formation of joint venture with IK Enterprises for the development and operation of Piazza Sempione retail stores in the U.S.
- Neapco Acquisition of Automotive Components Holdings
Representation of Neapco in its acquisition of a division of Automotive Components Holdings, an affiliate of Ford Motor Company, and its entry into a long term supply agreement with Ford.
- VTG North America Acquisitions of Railcar Assets
Representation of VTG North America, the US subsidiary of VTG AG, the largest railcar lessor in Europe, in its acquisitions of railcar assets from industry giants General Electric Company, Babcock & Brown and CIT Group.
- LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton Acquisition of Hotel Saint-Barth Isle de France
Representation of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton in its acquisition of a UK company that owns Hotel Saint-Barth Isle de France, a 5-star hotel located on the Caribbean Island of St. Barthémy. The acquisition involved complex holding structures that required extensive tax planning and negotiations with minority shareholders.
- Football Fanatics Private Equity Investment
Representation of Football Fanatics in connection with its recapitalization and sale of Series A Preferred Shares to a well-known private equity firm.
- Safecor Health Acquisition of Regional Service Center
Representation of Safecor Health in its acquisition of Regional Service Center, the largest pharmaceutical repackaging company in the eastern United States.
- Sale of Provident Clinical Research & Consulting, Inc.
Representation of Provident in its sale to Mérieux NutriSciences Corporation, one of Europe's leading human nutrition clinical trials companies
Professional Activities and Honors
- Adjunct Professor at Northwestern University School of Law (2013-Present)
- Vice President, Hispanic Law Students Association (1996-1997)
- Member, Christian Law Students Association (1994-1997)
Charitable and Community Involvement
- Member, Neighbors (Community Outreach Program), 1994-1997
Events & Speaking Engagements
- 2016 Luxury Law Summit
- 2015 Luxury Law Summit
- Kellogg School of Management's 2014 Merger Week: Creating Value Through Strategic Acquisitions & Alliances
- An Insider's Perspective: Selling a Business
- Kellogg School of Management, Merger Week: The Structure of an Acquisition