Joseph is a partner in the Firm's Financial Institutions Group and focuses his practice on corporate and regulatory matters. He regularly represents public and private banks and bank holding companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt offerings and other strategic corporate actions. In addition, Joseph assists the firm's public financial institutions with their continuing compliance with federal and state securities laws. Joseph currently lives and works in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and is the partner-in-charge of developing the group's practice in the upper Midwest region.
Prior to joining the firm, Joseph was an associate at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, where he focused on public and private securities offerings and mergers and acquisitions involving large, publicly traded companies.
S&P Global Market Intelligence rankings has listed our Firm as one of the top firms in the nation in number of announced bank and thrift merger and acquisition transactions during the past 10 years. For the last decade, our Firm ranked #1 in the Midwest. In total, we have represented buyers and sellers of financial institutions in more than 200 mergers and acquisitions.
Represented many financial institutions with respect to public offerings and private placements of common stock, subordinated debentures and convertible subordinated debentures.
Represent multiple publicly-traded bank holding companies.
Represented a number of financial institutions with respect to their application and receipt of funds under Treasury's Capital Purchase Program.
- Minnesota Based Peoples State Bank of Plainview and Altura State Bank Announce Signing of Definitive Merger Agreement02/8/2016
- Alerus Financial Expands Service Offerings with Acquisition of Alliance Benefit Group North Central States, Inc.10/22/2015
- May 9 - 11, 2017
- June 6-7, 2013
- June 7-8, 2012
- Client Alert: Importance of Understanding Anti-Fraud Initiatives & Cultivating Law Enforcement Relationships06/13/2017
- 05/2/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 04/25/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 04/20/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 03/2/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 01/4/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- Client Alert: Federal Banking Regulators Expand Banks Eligible for Extended 18-Month Examination Cycle12/20/2016 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 12/15/2016 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- Client Alert: Important General Takeaways from the Recent Congressional Hearings on Bank Incentive Practices11/3/2016
- 02/11/2016 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 01/15/2016 – , Bank Director, 1st Quarter 2016, Vol. 26, No. 1
- 03/18/2015 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
Memberships & Honors
- Adjunct Professor, Securities Law Graduate Program in Financial Services Law, Chicago-Kent College of Law (2008-2012)
University of Chicago Law School, J.D., with honors, 2004
Carleton College, B.A., magna cum laude with academic distinction, 1999
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Illinois
- State of Minnesota
- State of California (inactive)