Bill has extensive experience advising corporate clients and financial institutions on significant corporate transactions. His principal practice areas include mergers and acquisitions, representing principal entities or their financial advisors in public and private transactions, and corporate finance, representing issuers and underwriters in public and private offerings of debt and equity securities. He also regularly advises clients with respect to general corporate law and the federal securities laws, including corporate governance and disclosure matters.
Bill received his J.D., cum laude, from Harvard Law School and his A.B., summa cum laude, from Dartmouth College. Prior to joining Barack Ferrazzano, Bill practiced in the Chicago office of Sidley Austin LLP as a member of the Corporate and Securities group.
Representation of Moët Hennessy Inc. in its acquisition of Woodinville Whiskey Company, LLC.
Professional Activities & Honors
- Selected, Illinois Rising Stars, Super Lawyers (2016)
- Selected, Emerging Lawyers Network (2015-2016)
- Member, Dartmouth Alumni Council
- Nelson A. Rockefeller Prize in Economics, Dartmouth College
Speaking Engagements & Presentations
- 06/13/2017 – (Chicago, IL)
- 06/15/2016 – (Chicago, IL)
- 09/19/2015 – (Nashville, TN)
Articles & Publications
- Client Alert: Importance of Understanding Anti-Fraud Initiatives & Cultivating Law Enforcement Relationships06/13/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 05/2/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 04/25/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 04/20/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 03/2/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 01/4/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- Client Alert: Federal Banking Regulators Expand Banks Eligible for Extended 18-Month Examination Cycle12/20/2016 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 12/15/2016 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- Client Alert: Important General Takeaways from the Recent Congressional Hearings on Bank Incentive Practices11/3/2016