- The University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- Boston College, B.A. in English, cum laude, 2008
- University of Parma, Italy, Fall 2006
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Illinois
Katherine Fritzi Getz
Fritzi is an associate in the Firm's Financial Institutions Group. She represents clients in the sale and acquisition of businesses, capital raising transactions and in connection with the review and negotiation of business contracts. She also advises public companies on reporting obligations and has represented issuers in public and private offerings of equity and debt securities.
While in law school, she served as a judicial intern to the Honorable James E. Shadid, U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois.
During the fall of 2006, Fritzi participated in a foreign studies program at the University of Parma in Parma, Italy. She also spent nearly two years teaching English language to adults in Nagoya, Japan for a leading English-education corporation prior to attending law school.
Prior to joining the Firm, Fritzi was an associate in the corporate and securities department of a Chicago-based law firm.
Professional Activities and Honors
- Member at Large, Board of Directors, Lyric Young Professionals, Lyric Opera of Chicago
- Member, Board of Directors, Project Onward
- Articles Editor, Journal of Law Reform, University of Michigan Law School
- President and Publicity Chair, the Federalist Society, University of Michigan Law School
- Judicial Intern, Hon. James Shadid, U.S. District Court - Central District of Illinois
- Client Alert Update: FinTech & Bank Partnerships
- Client Alert: CSBS Releases New BSA/AML Compliance Tool
- Client Alert: Banks Face Continued Threat of ADA Website Accessibility Lawsuits
- Client Alert: Federal Banking Regulators Expand Banks Eligible for Extended 18-Month Examination Cycle
- Client Alert: OCC to Offer Special Purpose National Charters to FinTech Companies
- Client Alert: Don't Lose Your Bank's Domain to a Competitor
- Co-Author, "Rule Changes Clarify Judges’ Ability to be Speakers or Guests of Honor at Fundraising Events," Bench and Bar, Illinois State Bar Association (May 2013)
- First Busey Corporation to Acquire Mid Illinois Bancorp, Inc.
- #1 M&A Legal Advisor for Banks in the Midwest
- State Bank Group Acquires Harvard Savings Bank
- Financial Institutions Group Mid-Year Review / BFKN #1 Nationally in M&A
- Ridgestone Financial Services, Inc. to Merge with Byline Bancorp, Inc.
- First Midwest Bancorp, Inc. to Acquire NI Bancshares Corp.
- Barack Ferrazzano Welcomes New Attorneys