- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2011
- Washington University in St. Louis, B.A., with honors, 2007
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Illinois
Emily N. Henkel
Emily is an associate in the Firm's Financial Institutions Group. She focuses her practice on capital raising transactions, mergers and acquisitions, securities, and general corporate matters for financial institutions.
Prior to joining the Firm, Emily was an associate in the corporate and securities area of a large Chicago law firm, dealing primarily with investment management matters.
Professional Activities and Honors
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Investment Management Subcommittee, Chicago Bar Association (2012)
- Member, Northwestern Journal of International Law & Business (2009-2011)
- Client Alert: Banks Face Continued Threat of ADA Website Accessibility Lawsuits
- Client Alert: Federal Banking Regulators Expand Banks Eligible for Extended 18-Month Examination Cycle
- Client Alert: Don't Lose Your Bank's Domain to a Competitor
Events & Speaking Engagements
- 2012 Presentations to the Investment Management Subcommittee, Chicago Bar Association
- Midland States Bancorp, Inc. to Acquire Centrue Financial Corporation
- #1 M&A Legal Advisor for Banks in the Midwest
- State Bank Group Acquires Harvard Savings Bank
- Old Second National Bank to Acquire Chicago Branch of Talmer Bank and Trust
- Financial Institutions Group Mid-Year Review / BFKN #1 Nationally in M&A
- First Community Financial Corporation to Merge with Wintrust Financial Corporation
- Midland States Bancorp, Inc. Closes $80.1M Initial Public Offering of Common Stock
- Midland States Bancorp, Inc. Plans Initial Public Offering
- First Community Financial Partners, Inc. and First Mazon Bancorp, Inc. Announce Signing of Definitive Agreement
- Allendale Bancorp Inc. to Acquire First State Bank of West Salem
- County Bancorp, Inc. to Acquire Fox River Valley Bancorp, Inc.
- Alerus Financial Expands Service Offerings with Acquisition of Alliance Benefit Group North Central States, Inc.
- MidWestOne Raises $8.4M in Private Placement
- Citizens National Bank of Albion Acquirers The Bank of Lawrence County
- Barack Ferrazzano Financial Institutions Group Represents Midland States Bancorp in Year-End Deal