Ray is an environmental attorney with more than 25 years of experience. Ray has represented clients in environmental and toxic tort litigation, as well as assisted them in evaluating and allocating environmental risks in a variety of acquisition and financing contexts. His practice also includes extensive work on large corporate transactions and with regulatory counseling. He has an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell and has been the editor of the Illinois Bar Association's Environmental Newsletter for more than 10 years.
Prior to establishing his own firm in 2002, Ray was a partner with a large full service law firm in Chicago. While there, he was a founding member of their Environmental Department.
- Clerk, Honorable Richard D. Cudahy of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Professional Activities & Honors
- Order of the Coif
- Selected, Leading Lawyers Network (2012-2016)
- Selected, Illinois Super Lawyers (2012-2016)
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
Articles & Publications
- Illinois Bar Association's Environmental Newsletter
University of Chicago Law School, with honors, 1980
Georgetown University, B.A.
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals - 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - 8th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - 10th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - 11th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court