- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., 2009
- University of Texas at Austin, McCombs School of Business, B.B.A., 2004
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Wisconsin
- State of New York
- State of Illinois
Abdul R. Mitha
Abdul is an associate of the Firm's Financial Institutions Group. He focuses his practice on capital raising transactions, mergers and acquisitions, securities, and general corporate matters. Before joining the Firm, Abdul was an associate in the corporate group at a large national law firm in New York. He has project experience with Islamic finance and is fluent in Urdu and proficient in Arabic.
During law school, Abdul served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Martin C. Ashman, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Prior to law school, he worked in the corporate departments of a major international energy company as well as a manufacturing firm in Houston, TX.
- Bank Mergers and Acquisitions
SNL Securities rankings has listed our Firm as one of the top firms in the nation in number of announced bank and thrift merger and acquisition transactions during the past 10 years. For the last decade, our Firm ranked #1 in the Midwest. In total, we have represented buyers and sellers of financial institutions in more than 200 mergers and acquisitions.
Professional Activities and Honors
- Senior Note & Comment Editor, Wisconsin International Law Journal
- Wisconsin Moot Court Board
- Client Alert: Banks Face Continued Threat of ADA Website Accessibility Lawsuits
- Client Alert: Federal Banking Regulators Expand Banks Eligible for Extended 18-Month Examination Cycle
- Client Alert: OCC to Offer Special Purpose National Charters to FinTech Companies
- Client Alert: Don't Lose Your Bank's Domain to a Competitor
- #1 M&A Legal Advisor for Banks in the Midwest
- Financial Institutions Group Mid-Year Review / BFKN #1 Nationally in M&A
- QCR Holdings, Inc. to Acquire Community State Bank of Ankeny, Iowa
- First Clover Leaf Financial to Merge with First Mid-Illinois Bancshares
- First Busey Corporation to Acquire Pulaski Financial Corp.
- First State Community Bank to Acquire Central Bank
- Regulators Approve Unique Thrift Merger/Conversion Transaction
- Suburban Illinois Bancorp, Inc. to Merge with Wintrust Financial Corporation
- Horizon Bancorp Enters into a Merger Agreement to Acquire Peoples Bancorp
- Barack Ferrazzano Represents First Busey Corporation in Acquisition of Herget Financial Corporation