Abdul is an associate of the Firm's Financial Institutions Group. He focuses his practice on capital raising transactions, mergers and acquisitions, securities, and general corporate matters. Before joining the Firm, Abdul was an associate in the corporate group at a large national law firm in New York. He has project experience with Islamic finance and is fluent in Urdu and proficient in Arabic.
During law school, Abdul served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Martin C. Ashman, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Prior to law school, he worked in the corporate departments of a major international energy company as well as a manufacturing firm in Houston, TX.
S&P Global Market Intelligence rankings has listed our Firm as one of the top firms in the nation in number of announced bank and thrift merger and acquisition transactions during the past 10 years. For the last decade, our Firm ranked #1 in the Midwest. In total, we have represented buyers and sellers of financial institutions in more than 200 mergers and acquisitions.
Professional Activities & Honors
- Senior Note & Comment Editor, Wisconsin International Law Journal
- Wisconsin Moot Court Board
Articles & Publications
- 05/2/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 03/2/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 01/4/2017 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- Client Alert: Federal Banking Regulators Expand Banks Eligible for Extended 18-Month Examination Cycle12/20/2016 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert
- 03/18/2015 – Barack Ferrazzano Client Alert