- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1994
- J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management, M.M., 1994
- Cornell University, A.B., with distinction, 1989
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Illinois
Mark J. Beaubien
Mark concentrates his practice in commercial real estate and related corporate, securities, tax and business planning matters, including investment fund formation and the acquisition of distressed mortgage debt. His practice emphasizes acquisitions and dispositions, commercial development, secured financing, joint ventures and tax deferred transactions. His practice places particular emphasis on complicated commercial acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures for publicly traded real estate investment trusts and private equity funds.
As an M.B.A. and former banker, Mark focuses on providing practical, business-oriented solutions and strategic direction to sophisticated national clients. He also works extensively with the design and structuring of complicated, tax-sensitive commercial transactions for public and start-up companies. Mark's comprehensive experience has been recognized by both his colleagues and his clients alike; Chambers USA 2011 reported that clients cite his "great rapport, technical knowledge and ability to discuss complex legal situations in a commercially appropriate way."
- DCT Industrial Trust
- Seagis Property Group
- DCT Industrial Trust
Serve as primary outside counsel to DCT in connection with real estate acquisitions and dispositions, amendment and renegotiation of various joint ventures, forward commitment transactions, and leasing transactions.
- KTR Capital Partners
Serve as primary national real estate counsel for KTR Capital Partners (as discretionary private equity fund), KIF Property Trust (a private real estate investment trust) and KTR Property Trust I (a private real estate investment trust), for leasing, joint ventures, financings, acquisitions and dispositions, including the following projects: acquisition of a multi-state portfolio of assets with debt assumption, negotiation of build-to-suit lease with public client, data center leasing, and multiple other leasing and acquisition transactions.
- Seagis Property Group Financing
Acted as primary counsel in the negotiation and documentation of loan facilities and debt assumptions on behalf of a private real estate fund as well as providing regular advice and counsel for investment and operational activities.
Professional Activities and Honors
- Selected, Real Estate Law, Best Lawyers in America® (2016-2017)
- Ranked, Illinois Real Estate, Chambers USA (2011-2016)
- Order of the Coif
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Barack Ferrazzano Recognized by U.S. News Best Law Firms 2017
- Twelve Barack Ferrazzano Attorneys Named 2017 U.S. News - Best Lawyers®
- Chambers USA Recognizes Barack Ferrazzano as Top Illinois Law Firm for 9 Consecutive Years
- Barack Ferrazzano Recognized by U.S. News Best Law Firms 2016
- Eleven Barack Ferrazzano Attorneys Named 2016 U.S. News - Best Lawyers®
- Chambers USA Recognizes Barack Ferrazzano as Top Illinois Law Firm For 8 Consecutive Years
- Chambers USA Names Barack Ferrazzano Top Illinois Real Estate Law Firm For 7 Straight Years
- Chambers USA Names Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg Top Illinois Real Estate Law Firm For 6th Consecutive Year
- Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg Once Again Ranked Top Illinois Real Estate Firm by Chambers USA 2012
- Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg ranked #1 Illinois Real Estate Firm by 2011 Chambers USA