- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1988
- Duke University, A.B., cum laude, 1985
Gretchen Anne Trofa
Gretchen concentrates her practice on mergers and acquisitions of businesses in a wide variety of industries. This focus has given her extensive experience in structuring transactions, negotiating contracts and developing agreements addressing the many transition issues that arise when a business is sold or acquired, including real estate, tax, employee benefit and other matters. Her experience also includes corporate finance and securities work, both in the public and private markets. Finance issues often play an integral role in the acquisition process.
- Medgenics, Inc. Initial Public Offering
Served as counsel to Medgenics, Inc., an Israeli clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, in its U.S. initial public offering of common stock on the NYSE Amex.
Professional Activities and Honors
- Order of the Coif
- Member, Editorial Board, Northwestern Journal of International Law and Business (1986-1988)
Charitable and Community Involvement
- Member, Women's Board of the Chicago Zoological Society (2005-Present)
- Treasurer, Women's Board of the Chicago Zoological Society (2008-2010)
- Chair, Conservation Committee of the Women's Board of the Chicago Zoological Society (2008-2010)