Chambers USA Names Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg Top Illinois Real Estate Law Firm For 6th Consecutive Year
Since 2008, Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg's Real Estate Group consistently has been recognized as a top real estate law firm in Illinois by Chambers USA “The Client’s Guide of America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.” Cited as "thorough, well prepared, aggressive, reliable," our band one ranking in 2013 affirms Barack Ferrazzano's distinguished and longstanding reputation in all areas of the real estate industry.
Also individually recognized by Chambers USA as top Illinois real estate attorneys are:
- Dennis A. Ferrazzano - A founding partner of the firm, Dennis is “very well-respected” by his peers and sources echo their praises and comment that he “really contributes to the Bar.”
- Howard J. Kirschbaum - Managing partner and co-head of the real estate practice, Howard is highly experienced and sources describe him as “smart, practical and a deal-doer.”
- Suzanne Bessette-Smith - Acknowledged for her particularly strong understanding in REITs and build-to-suit projects, Suzanne is described by clients as “excellent, knowledgeable, practical” and “technically strong.”
- Howard A. Nagelberg - Name partner and co-head of the real estate practice, Howard is praised for his skill and experience especially with international real estate and REIT issues.
- Mark J. Beaubien - Mark takes on complex commercial acquisitions and dispositions in addition to joint ventures on behalf of REITs and equity funds. Consistently impressing sources with his “tireless,” “extremely bright, client and business-focused” approach.
William J. Barrett Chair of the Bankruptcy & Creditor Rights Group was noted as a "Recognized Practitioner."
Chambers USA, a Chambers & Partners publication, bases its rankings on the research into the strengths and reputations of law firms and individuals. Each year, a team of researchers conducts thousands of in-depth, confidential interviews with lawyers and their clients worldwide. Chambers assesses the results and ranks law firms and lawyers according to the criteria most valued by clients. In a survey independent of Chambers, more than 50 percent of 20,000 in-house counsel around the world chose Chambers & Partners as the "go-to" source to identify law firms and lawyers.
About Barack Ferrazzano
In 1984, two highly respected law professors at Northwestern University and two former members of a prominent Chicago law firm set out to build a firm focused on developing strong client relationships while maintaining the highest quality of legal services. Knowing they were up against the deep pockets and resources of the large, established law firms, they were not deterred by the challenge ahead. In order for this law firm to succeed, they knew they needed to cultivate a working environment to attract and retain a team of exceptional lawyers and non-legal professionals reflective of the client relationships they ultimately intended to build.
These four innovators became the founders of Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg LLP. They were soon joined by like-minded colleagues and the Firm has grown steadily ever since. With just over 100 lawyers from some of the most renowned firms and law schools in the U.S. (about half of whom have been with the Firm for more than a decade), Barack Ferrazzano is equipped with extraordinary talent to handle clients’ complex, time-sensitive and high risk matters. Clients rely on our well-established roots in all aspects of corporate and securities, real estate, commercial litigation and financial services law, along with our comprehensive practices in compensation and employment, intellectual property, tax and bankruptcy to craft practical and effective solutions that meet their challenges and needs. Almost 30 years later, Barack Ferrazzano continues to focus on its client relationships, delivering efficient, team-oriented services of the highest quality just as our founders envisioned.