2012 American Bankers Association, "The New Deregistration Thresholds under the JOBS Act: What Community Bankers Should Know."
Barack Ferrazzano's Financial Institutions Group Partners Sarah M. Bernstein and Robert M. Fleetwood were guest speakers during the ABA's "The New Deregistration Thresholds under the JOBS Act: What Community Bankers Should Know" teleweb briefing on April 26, 2012.
- What does the JOBS Act provide?
- What are initial steps I should be taking in considering deregistration, and what expert advice should I seek?
- What action should be taken by the Board of Directors, and what communications with shareholders are advisable?
- Is there a role for the bank's primary bank regulator?
- What is the SEC process for deregistration?
- What steps can the bank take if it is just over the new thresholds?
- What if the bank's or bank holding company's stock is listed on an exchange?
- How does the bank get an accurate count of shareholders of record?
- Does this mean the bank can raise additional capital without registration?
For more information or to order a copy of the audio CD, visit: http://www.aba.com/teleweb/tb042512.htm