- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., summa cum laude, 2014
- Brandeis University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2010
Michael J. B. Pitt
Michael is an associate in the Firm's Litigation Group. Prior to joining Barack Ferrazzano, he was a summer law clerk in the Federal Public Defender's Office, District of Minnesota where he drafted sentencing positions and an appellate brief, as well as wrote memoranda for cases at various stages of proceedings, including sentencing, post-conviction review and supervised release violation hearings. Before attending law school, Michael was a research assistant in the Prostate Cancer Epidemiology Research Group at Channing Laboratory, co-run by Harvard Medical School, Harvard School of Public Health, and Brigham and Women's Hospital. While there, he aided with study design, data analysis and technical review, collaborated with a team of senior researchers to submit a proposal for $4 million in grant funding, as well as co-first authored an original study.
Michael is fluent in Japanese.
Professional Activities and Honors
- Clarence Darrow Scholarship
- Articles Editor, Michigan Law Review
- Certificates of Merit: Constitutional Law, Civil Procedure, Enterprise Organization