Financial Institutions Group
Treasury's Capital Purchase Program
- Represented a number of financial institutions with respect to their application and receipt of funds under Treasury's Capital Purchase Program.
Administrative Enforcement Proceedings
- Represents financial services industry professionals in disciplinary matters and administrative enforcement proceedings.
Bank Mergers & Acquisitions
- S&P Global Market Intelligence rankings has listed our Firm as one of the top firms in the nation in number of announced bank and thrift merger and acquisition transactions during the past 10 years. For the last decade, our Firm ranked #1 in the Midwest. In total, we have represented buyers and sellers of financial institutions in more than 200 mergers and acquisitions.
Capital Raising Transactions
- Represented many financial institutions with respect to public offerings and private placements of common stock, subordinated debentures and convertible subordinated debentures.
Corporate Bank Regulatory Applications & Filings
- Prepare filings for submission to banking regulators including applications for branch establishment, acquisition and closure, subsidiary formations and charter conversions.
Debt & Equity Financings
- Represented numerous financial institutions in private offerings of debt securities to enhance current capital positions. Successfully structured acquisitions of troubled banks through use of preferred and convertible instruments, including buyer price protections.
First Busey Corporation and Main Street Trust, Inc. Merger of Equals
- Represented Main Street in connection with the merger of equals involving First Busey and Main Street resulting in a financial institution with assets of $4.1 billion.
Formation of De Novo Banks
- Counsel to over 100 state and national de novo banks and bank holding companies across the country. The breadth of our practice has yielded a unique ability among our lawyers to gain familiarity with the laws and bank regulatory agencies of multiple jurisdictions throughout the United States. Established first Illinois state bank organized as a limited liability company.
Merger of Equals Between ISB Financial Corporation and MidWestOne Financial Group, Inc.
- Represented ISB Financial Corporation in connection with the merger of equals involving ISB Financial and MidWestOne Financial Group, Inc. resulting in a financial institution with assets of $1.5 billion.
Northwestern Suburban Bancorp, Inc. Sale to Midwest Banc Holdings, Inc.
- Represented Northwest Suburban Bancorp, Inc. with respect to its sale for $140 million to Midwest Banc Holdings, Inc.
Prairie Financial Corporation Acquisition by Integra Bank Corp.
- Represented Prairie Financial Corporation in connection with its $122 million acquisition by Integra Bank Corp.
Private Investment Funds
- Represented multiple sponsors in their formation of and capital raising for private investment funds, investment advisory, regulatory and corporate matters for such funds, including, hedge funds, managed futures funds,commodity pools and private equity funds.
- Advised numerous banks regarding federal and state compliance matters involving lending, deposits and operations.
Regulatory Examinations & Enforcement Actions
- Assisted numerous clients regarding regulatory examination issues and negotiated more than 100 enforcement actions. Represented many troubled banks regarding insolvency and potential receivership issues.
Securities Regulation & Compliance for Publicly-Traded Bank Holding Companies
- Represent multiple publicly-traded bank holding companies.
St. Joseph Capital Corp. Acquisition by Old National Bancorp
- Represented St. Joseph Capital Corp. with respect to $77 million sale to Old National Bancorp
Treasury Management Products
- Prepare agreements for treasury management products including remote deposit capture, ACH origination and internet banking