- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2007
- Miami University, B.A., summa cum laude, B.S. in Business, summa cum laude, 2001
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals - 7th Circuit
Brandon C. Prosansky
Brandon focuses his practice on advising motor vehicle manufacturers concerning dealer network matters, which include dealer terminations, proposed dealer relocations and establishments, sales performance standards, customer satisfaction programs, incentive programs, facilities and corporate identity programs, vehicle allocation, buy-sell transactions and rights of first refusal, dealer ownership changes, sales leads and dealer licensing.
In addition to counseling clients, Brandon has a litigation practice that involves all aspects of the manufacturer-dealer relationship. In litigating these disputes, Brandon takes into account both the ongoing nature of the manufacturer-dealer relationship and the broader network development opportunities that might arise. In any litigation, Brandon focuses on pursuing the most productive strategy for his clients, whether that means negotiating a business-oriented resolution or engaging in the litigation process through a trial or administrative hearing.
Brandon’s experience also includes general commercial litigation, including both plaintiff and defense matters based on contract, professional liability, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud. He also has experience representing national and local banks in commercial mortgage foreclosure and mechanics lien litigation. In addition, he enjoys providing pro bono legal assistance to refugees seeking asylum.
During law school, Brandon served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Geraldine Soat Brown, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Prior to attending law school, Brandon worked for three years as a cost and budget analyst for Procter & Gamble in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Audi of America
- Automobili Lamborghini America
- Bank of America, N.A.
- Volkswagen Group of America
- Beechmont Audi, Inc. v. Audi of America, Inc.
Represented Audi in Ohio federal court action alleging price discrimination under the Robinson-Patman Act, the federal Automobile Dealers Day in Court Act, and the Ohio Motor Vehicle Franchise Act.
- Classic Automobiles, Inc. v. Audi of America, Inc.
Represented Audi in New York federal court price discrimination claim challenging national vehicle incentive program.
- Low Country Volkswagen LLC v. Volkswagen of America, Inc.
Represented Volkswagen in South Carolina federal court action seeking $8 million in damages for alleged coercion in connection with dealer’s obligation to build facility. Jury verdict entered for Volkswagen on all counts.
- Porterfield v. Orecchio
Represented receiver in claim brought in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois against the directors and officers of AA Capital Partners, Inc., an SEC-registered investment advisor, in a $60 million claim for violations of ERISA, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and conversion arising out of alleged misappropriation and misuse of investor funds.
- Pro Bono: Iranian Political Asylum
Barack Ferrazzano attorneys succeeded in petitioning the U.S. Department of Justice Immigration Court to grant political asylum to an Iranian national, who fled Iran after being targeted by the government for participating in the historic protests that followed the election of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in 2009. This appears to be one of the first U.S. asylum cases connected with the widely reported 2009 election protests in Iran.
Professional Activities and Honors
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Selected, Illinois Rising Stars, Super Lawyers (2013-2017)
- Selected, Emerging Lawyers Network (2015-2016)
- Selected, Chicago's Jewish 36 Under 36 (2012), Oy!Chicago and Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago
- Development Editor, Northwestern University Journal of International Human Rights (2006-2007)
- Charles Cheney Hyde Prize for Outstanding Paper on a Topic in Public International Law, Northwestern University School of Law (2006 and 2007)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Pi Sigma Alpha
Charitable and Community Involvement
- 2014-2015 President, Young Leadership Division of the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago
- 2014-2015 Member, Board of Directors, Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago
- Past Chair (2010-2012) and Campaign Co-Chair (2012-2013), Young Lawyers Group of the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago
- Participant, Jewish Leaders Institute (JLI) of the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago
- Member, National Young Leadership Cabinet of the Jewish Federations of North America
- 2015-2016 Vice Chair, Study Mission
- 2014-2015 Representative, American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee
- 2013-2014 Co-Chair for Engagement & Orientation
- Past Member, AIPAC Chicago Young Leadership Council
- Co-Author, "Rights, Legal Remedies, and Calculating Damages for Breach of Contract," Chapter 13, IICLE Contract Law, 2008 edition
- Mining Gold in a Conflict Zone: The Context, Ramifications, and Lessons of AngloGold Ashanti’s Activities in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Northwestern University Journal of International Human Rights, Spring, 2007 (5 Nw. U. J. Int’l Hum. Rts. 236)
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Barack Ferrazzano Attorneys Named 2017 Illinois Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Brandon Prosansky Honored with JUF's Davis, Gidwitz & Glasser Young Leadership Award
- 2016 Marks Continued Growth For Litigation Group
- Barack Ferrazzano Attorneys Named 2016 Illinois Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Barack Ferrazzano Welcomes Katherine Neville to Litigation & Motor Vehicle Groups
- Strategic Growth Continues for Litigation Group
- Litigation Group Continues Strategic Expansion
- Barack Ferrazzano Attorneys Named Illinois Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Barack Ferrazzano Congratulates Sharon Calhoun, Matthew Jackson & Brandon Prosansky
- Brandon Prosansky Named One of Chicago's Jewish 36 Under 36