- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., with honors, 2008
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., cum laude, 2005
Bar & Court Admissions
- State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
Alison R. Leff
Alison’s practice is focused on commercial litigation involving director and officer defense, breach of contract, unfair business practices, and other business disputes. She has represented banks and bank officers and directors in lawsuits alleging negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, and violation of statutes including ERISA, federal banking statutes, and state and federal securities laws. Alison practices in state and federal court, where she has tried cases and argued numerous dispositive motions and other matters.
Alison is co-chair of the Firm’s Pro Bono Committee and maintains an active pro bono practice. She has represented clients seeking asylum in the U.S. Immigration Court, and recently negotiated a favorable settlement in a civil rights case brought on behalf of an incarcerated client. Alison also has represented pro bono clients appealing criminal convictions in Alabama and Illinois state courts.
Before joining the Firm, Alison was a litigation associate at Kirkland & Ellis LLP and Sidley Austin LLP. While in law school at the University of Chicago, Alison was a student attorney with the Civil Rights and Police Accountability Project of the Mandel Legal Aid Clinic.
Professional Activities and Honors
- Selected, Illinois Rising Stars, Super Lawyers (2016-2017)
- Co-Chair, LAF Young Professionals Board
- Executive Committee, LAF Young Professionals Board
- Client Alert: Banks Face Continued Threat of ADA Website Accessibility Lawsuits
- Client Alert: U.S. Supreme Court Gives Broad Interpretation to Bank Fraud Statute
- Client Alert: Federal Appeals Court To Banks: CAUTION
- Barack Ferrazzano Attorneys Named 2017 Illinois Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Illinois Appellate Court Affirms Sanctions Award
- 2016 Marks Continued Growth For Litigation Group
- Barack Ferrazzano Attorneys Named 2016 Illinois Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Barack Ferrazzano Congratulates Partners Dan Fine, Alison Leff, Andrew Nieland & Matthew Singer
- Alison Leff Named 2016 LAF YPB Co-Chair